- Network Routing, Handbooks in Operations Research and
Management Science, Volumes 8, Elsevier publisher, 1995. (with M.
Ball, T. L. Magnanti and G. L. Nemhauser)
- Network Models, Handbooks in Operations Research and
Management Science, Volumes 7, Elsevier publisher, 1995. (with M.
Ball, T. L. Magnanti and G. L. Nemhauser)
- Reliability of Computer and Communication Networks, DIMACS
Series in Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science,
Volume 5, AMS/ACM publisher, 1991. (with F. K. Hwang and F. S. Roberts)
- Software for Optimization, Annals
of Operations Research, Volumes 5, Baltzer publisher 1986.
- Algorithms for Optimization, Annals
of Operations Research, Volumes 4, Baltzer publisher 1986.
- Design of survivable communications networks, in Network Models,
Chapter 10, Handbook of Management Science and Operations Research,
Volume 7, 1995, Ball et.al. (editors), Elsevier, 617-672, 1995. (with
M. Grotschel, M. Stoer) [PDF]
- Polyhedral and computational investigations for designing communication
networks with high survivability requirements, Operations Research,
1995. (with M. Grotschel, M. Stoer) [ PDF]
- NETPAD: An interactive graphics system for network modeling and optimization,
Operations Research Letters 17, 89-101, 1995. (with N. Dean,
M. Mevenkamp) [PDF]
- Analysis of heuristics for preemptive parallel machine scheduling
with batch set-up times, Operations Research 40, 981-993, 1993.
(with C. N. Potts)
- Subtree and substar intersection numbers, Discrete Applied Mathematics
44, 205-220, 1993. (with Y. W. Chang, M.S. Jacobson, D. B. West)
- Computational results with a cutting plane algorithm for designing
communication networks with low-connectivity constraints, Operations
Research 40, 309-330, 1992. (with M. Grotschel, M. Stoer)
- Facets for polyhedra arising in the design of communication networks
with low-connectivity constraints, SIAM Journal on Optimization
2, 474-504, 1992. (with M. Grotschel, M. Stoer)
- Transition in geometric minimum spanning trees, Discrete and Computational
Geometry 8, 265-293, 1992. (with S. Suri)
- Partitioning points and graphs to minimize the maximum or the sum
of diameters, in Graph Theory, Combinatorics and Applications,
880-912, Alavi et.al. (editors), Wiley, 1991. (with S. Suri)
- Polyhedral approaches to network survivability, in Reliability
of Computer and Communication Networks, DIMACS Series in Discrete
Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science 4, AMS/ACM, 121-141,
1991. (with M. Grotschel and M. Stoer)
- Algorithms and the Law, Optima 33, 1-19, 1991. (with G.B. Dantzig,
D. Goldfarb, E. Lawler, S.M. Robinson) [PDF]
- Further development of a primal-dual interior point method for linear
programming, ORSA Journal on Computing 2, 304-311, 1990. (with
I. C. Choi, D. F. Shanno)
- Minimum-weight two-connected spanning networks, Mathematical Programming
46, 153-172, 1990. (with B.S. Munson, W. R. Pulleyblank) [PDF]
- Integer polyhedra arising from certain network design problems with
connectivity constraints, SIAM Journal Discrete Mathematics 3,
502-523, 1990. (with M. Grotschel)
- Convex resource allocation problems on directed acyclic graphs: duality,
complexity, special cases and extensions, Mathematics of Operations
Research 15, 736-748, 1990. (with A. Schrijver, M. J. Todd, V. K.
- On the structure of minimum-weight k-connected spanning networks,
SIAM Journal Discrete Mathematics 3, 320-329, 1990. (with D.
Bienstock, E. F. Brickell) [PDF]
- On the complexity of embedding planar graphs to minimize certain distance
measures, Algorithmica 5, 93-109, 1990. (with D. Bienstock)
- Computing euclidian maximum spanning trees, Algorithmica 5,
407-419, 1990. (with M. Paterson, S. Suri, F. F. Yao)
- Optimal enclosing regions in planar graphs, Networks 19, 79-94,
1989. (with D. Bienstock)
- On the complexity of scheduling with batch setup times, Operations
Research 37, 798-804, 1989. (with C. N. Potts)
- Methods for designing communication networks with certain two-connected
survivability constraints, Operations Research 37, 531-541, 1989.
(with D. F. Shallcross)
- A PC-based interactive network design system, Publications in Operations
Research 9, 190-202, 1989. (with D. F. Shallcross)
- Computer-aided design procedures for survivable fiber optic telephone
networks, IEEE Selected Areas in Communications 7, 1188-1197,
1989. (with R. H. Cardwell, T. H. Wu) [PDF]
- An implementation of a primal-dual interior point method for linear
programming, ORSA Journal on Computing 1, 70-83, 1989. (with
K. A. McShane, D. F. Shanno)
- Threshold tolerance graphs, Journal of Graph Theory 12, 343-362,
1988. (with B.A. Reed, W. T. Trotter)
- On the complexity of covering vertices by faces in planar graphs,
SIAM Journal on Computing 17, 53-76, 1988. (with D. Bienstock) [PDF]
- Send-and-split method for minimum-concave-cost
network flows, Mathematics of Operations Research 12, 634-664,
1987. (with R. E. Erickson, A. F. Veinott)
- New light on network design, Bellcore Exchange Magazine, 27-32, 1988.
(with R.H. Cardwell)
- Computational experience with a dual affine variant of Karmarkar's
method for linear programming, Operations Research Letters 6,
261-268, 1987. (with A.J . Morton)
- Optimal sequencing via modular decomposition: characterization of
sequencing functions, Mathematics of Operations Research 12,
22-31, 1987. (with J. B. Sidney)
- Engineering fiber optic networks, Proc National Fiber Optic Engineers
Conf, 1987. (with R.H. Cardwell)
- Backbone packet network design and performance analysis, IEEE Selected
Areas in Communication 4, 946-965, 1986. (with D. D. Sheng) (Leonard
G. Abraham Prize Paper, IEEE Communications Society) [PDF]
- Intersection graphs of paths in a tree, Journal of Combinatorial
Theory B 41, 141-181, 1986. (with V. K. Wei)
- Probabilistic analysis of inter-frame tie requirements for cross-connect
systems, Bell System Technical Journal 63, 643-664, 1984. (with
D. R. Smith)
- Tolerance graphs, Discrete Applied Mathematics 9, 157-170,
1984. (with M. C. Golumbic, W. T. Trotter) [Abstract, PDF]
- A concise survey of efficiently-solvable special cases of the permutation
flow-shop problem, RAIRO Recherche Operational 17, 105-119, 1983.
(with A. H. G. Rinnooy Kan)
- Linear-time algorithms for scheduling on parallel processors, Operations
Research 30, 116-124, 1982.
- Multigram codes, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 28,
346-348, 1982. (with E. N. Gilbert)
- A primal algorithm for finding minimum-cost flows in capacitated networks,
Bell System Technical Journal 61, 949-968, 1982. (with M. Segal)
- Sequencing with general precedence constraints, Discrete Applied
Mathematics 3, 137-150, 1981.
- Sequencing to minimize the maximum job cost, Operations Research
28, 942-951, 1980.
- On perfect graphs and polyhedra with (0,1)-valued extreme points,
Mathematical Programming 17, 239-242, 1979. (with L. E. Trotter)
- Some remarks on a classification of oracle-type algorithms, International
Series on Numerical Mathematics 46, 195-215, 1979. (with B. Korte)
- The two-machine maximum flow-time problem with series-parallel precedence
constraints, Operations Research 27, 792-798, 1979.
- Sequencing with series-parallel precedence constraints, Mathematics
of Operations Research 4, 215-224, 1979. (with J. B. Sidney) [PDF]
- On the computational complexity of integer programming problems, Lecture
Notes in Economics and Mathematical Systems 157, 161-172, 1978.
(with R. Kannan)
- Efficient network search algorithms for automatic route generation for
capacity routing in WDM optical networks, Telcordia Technologies,
2000. (with P. Rao, P.D. Seymour, D.F. Shallcross) [PFD]
- An overview of existing Internet payment mechanisms, Telcordia Technologies,
- Next Generation Networks and the Mathematical Sciences: New Challenges and
Research Opportunities, Telcordia Technologies,
- Variations of Matrix Balancing for telecommunication
demand forecasts, Telcordia, 1997. (with T. Carpenter) [PDF]
- A case study of organizations with dual
technical-managerial ladders, Bellcore, 1990.
- Fiber Options for survivable networks, Licensed Software Package, Bellcore, 1989.
- Designing a Navy shipboard high-speed optical data network, Bellcore, 1989.
- Improvements to the mail
delivery system, Bellcore, 1988. (with O. Marcotte)
- INDS software for network design, Licensed Software Package, Bellcore, 1987.
- Security issues for a proposed billing card system, Bellcore, 1984.
- Survey of available software for operations
research, Bell Laboratories, 1983.
- Digital cross-connect system planning and
engineering tool, Bell Laboratories, 1983.
- Models for sizing telephone operator offices, Bell Laboratories, 1981. (with M. Segal)
- Scheduling of call record collections, Bell Laboratories, 1981. (with M. Segal)
work loads on telephone operators, Bell Laboratories, 1980. (with
- Multi-parametric linear
programs, Bell Laboratories, 1980. (with J. Somers)
- Properties and efficient algorithms for sequencing problems, Cornell University, 1978.
- Energy data for the Pacific Northwest, Washington State
University, 1973. (with G. Hinman)